Sunday, October 30, 2011

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a Damn.

So I haven't used my blog in a really long time. I actually haven't written anything in a long time. Now, sitting here, I wonder if anyone is even going to read this. I mean, every blogger puts a part of themselves out there for the world to see. Yet, realistically, does anyone ever even see it? Why do we review and revise and try to impress the reader? We don't know who our audience might be or who might stumble upon our work. And in the end, do we really care what that person thinks? Every writer secretly wants someone to read what they wrote, find it spectacular, and give a great response. Yet, what really counts with writing is that you put part of your heart into it without caring if someone tramples all over it. That's what makes it good. If you hold back in fear of being criticized, then you aren't giving it your all. You aren't writing. So, to any writer that might read this, please keep writing. Don't let yourself give a damn what people think of it. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment