Saturday, August 15, 2009

ASPEN- Chapter One

Hey, this is the first chapter of a book idea that I had. I'll post a chapter every week, so here is chapter one of the book Aspen. Enjoy!
Chapter One-Aspen
“Come oonnn, Aspen! We’re going to be late. You know your parents wanted you home before 3 so you could be there for your brother’s game,” I decided to just shove the rest of my stuff into my purse. Oh, by the way I was at Caroline’s family’s lake house for the week, that’s why I had such a butt load of stuff. I threw in my razor, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush (in a plastic baggie of course) and mini toothpaste tube, along with the stuff that was already in there. Which was my iPod, cell phone, camera, wallet, notepad, pen, and an old candy bar. I had a big purse. I ran outside just as Caroline’s dad ran in.
“Going to the bathroom, it’s a long ride,” he explained. I slowed as I reached Caroline and fell into a sitting position next to her, putting my overly-large purse in my lap. We both sat there for a second just looking at the lake.
“I’m going to miss this place. I always do, but then I remember I’m gonna come back next year and it will all be fine,” she was saying. I wasn’t really paying attention.
“Hey, let’s see who can chuck a rock farther into those woods there until your dad comes back,” I suggested.
“Sure,” she said, standing up and brushing off. I picked up a few stones about the same size. I threw first. My stones ended up going farther than her’s each time. Eventually we ran out.
“I’ll go get some more,” I said as I started walking off.
“No, I don’t want to play anymore,” she said.
“Please, just one more round?” I asked, pouting a little.
“You know the only reason you want to play more is because you have a better arm,” she said with a slight smile.
“Yeah, and you have a better brain.”
“Okay,” she grinned at my compliment. I started jogging towards the general area we had aimed for. Then all of the sudden, I felt like there was something pulling at me. Like I was being sucked into the ground or something. It’s hard to explain, but all I know is that I ended up here.
Here, is another forest. It seems denser than the one by the lake and I can’t hear or see Caroline. I know I didn’t walk that far. And now I am freaking out, because I have no idea where I am and what I am doing here. I guess I’ll try calming myself down and explain who I am. I am Aspen Rose, 16 years old. Junior at Blakely High. I do okay in school. I’m sort of in the middle, you know, not straight A’s but not failing. I have my driver’s license. I have long semi-curly black hair that reaches the arch in my back and black eyes. It sounds creepy but I don’t look that evil. I’m about 5'8’’ (I know that sounds weird too, but at least I have okay posture) I’m pretty slender if I do say so myself. I don’t do any sports but I like watching them. Oh, and my friend, Caroline, I told you about before is red-haired, green-eyed, and about 5’6’, she plays volleyball and track. She’s pretty cool, I mean, she’s my best friend. I call her C. I don’t have a boyfriend, but she does. He’s pretty cool, too, I guess. They’ve been going out for about a year now. Good for them, and I mean that. I am really hungry, I should probably see if I can find anyone here. Maybe they’ll have food.

No comments:

Post a Comment