Sunday, November 1, 2009

ASPEN- Chapter Five

Chapter Five-Aspen
I talked to Leland the next day after I had gotten a good night’s sleep, “Leland, were are we?” he looked at me quizzically.
“Sherwood Forest near the town of Nottingham in the kingdom of England belonging to King Richard the Lionheart currently ruled by the wretched Prince John,” I sat down, confounded. He sat next to me. “What is it?”
“Leland Turner, if that information is correct, you are looking at the latest time traveler from hundreds of years into the future. I don’t know how it is possible, but it must have happened,” he looked at me, stunned.
“Are you alright? Are you sure you didn’t hit your head in the night or something of the sort?”
“I am perfectly fine, but what I am trying to tell you is that I accidentally time traveled and landed here.”
“I know my knowledge does not fail me and that you look like a sane person. I believe you. Now what do we do?” I was pretty surprised at his trust and believing.
“I don’t want to tell anyone else, because I don’t want to get looked at as an imbecile or insane maniac. Right now I don’t want to try going back to my time, because first of all I have no idea where I would start, second I may mess it up, third, I may sound nasty toward my family, but I want to spend some time here first before going home. I’m not sure I want to go back just yet.”
“I understand,” I looked at him and smiled. “What?” he asked looking embarrassed.
“Thanks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment