Sunday, November 1, 2009

ASPEN- Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven-Aspen
I knew that in my time I wouldn’t have been allowed to marry someone at the age of sixteen, but... Well, it was different with Leland. I don’t know how to say it, but when we talked we had so many of the same ideas and goals for our lives. We just struck something up in each other. It sounded like the movies and I looked like a teenager who did something really stupid just because she could. But that is not what it was like at all. I loved Leland so deeply that I cannot explain it. And it was not just infatuation. I was just thankful that my case would not look so unusual to the people in Leland’s time. After all couples back then were married at our age. Some younger. I knew I would have a good life with Leland. Especially since it didn’t look like I was going home any time soon. You have to remember that it had been weeks for me to get to know him and we had spent almost all of that time together. I was so unsure of how to get home and even though I loved my parents and C I didn't really have anyone else to miss. No boyfriend, no real friends, and not many relatives that I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment