Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cheer Camp And the Absence of Me

I just got back from cheerleading camp, and by the third day I was dying to hear about something other than boys, texting, and food (or the absence of it). I never really realized how much I depend upon my world of news, books, writing, and family. But on that third day I had to turn on Fox News and see if Obama said anything else stupid. Ooops, I should have collaborated my words differently! I didn't want to bring up the things that I am interested in, in case I sounded weird to the other girls, but then I started going crazy because I wasn't being myself. This post doesn't really have a main point except that, even if you are in a group of people that are totally different than you, be yourself or you will go insane! There will always be other people that have things in common with you. Whether you are really out there or more laid back just know that there will be at least one other person like you out there. So, until you find them, just be yourself so that you can find them. I guess what I am trying to say is that if you act like someone else to get friends that you will like, it won't happen. Period. Especially in high school. It may be hard to find others that have the same interests as you, but don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment